- sqlite_fdw 2.1.0
- Foreign Data Wrapper for SQLite databases
SQLite Foreign Data Wrapper for PostgreSQL
This PostgreSQL extension is a Foreign Data Wrapper for SQLite.
The current version can work with PostgreSQL 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
1. Install SQLite library
For debian or ubuntu:
apt-get install libsqlite3-dev
2. Build and install sqlite_fdw
Add a directory of pg_config to PATH and build and install sqlite_fdw.
make USE_PGXS=1 make install USE_PGXS=1
If you want to build sqlite_fdw in a source tree of PostgreSQL, use
make make install
CREATE EXTENSION sqlite_fdw;
Please specify SQLite database path using
CREATE SERVER sqlite_server FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER sqlite_fdw OPTIONS (database '/tmp/test.db');
Create foreign table
table option if SQLite table name is different from foreign table name.
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE t1(a integer, b text) SERVER sqlite_server OPTIONS (table 't1_sqlite');
If you want to update tables, please add
OPTIONS (key 'true') to a primary key or unique key like the following:
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE t1(a integer OPTIONS (key 'true'), b text) SERVER sqlite_server OPTIONS (table 't1_sqlite');
If you need to convert INT SQLite column (epoch Unix Time) to be treated/visualized as TIMESTAMP in PostgreSQL, please add
OPTIONS (column_type 'INT') when
defining FOREIGN table at PostgreSQL like the following:
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE t1(a integer, b text, c timestamp without time zone OPTIONS (column_type 'INT')) SERVER sqlite_server OPTIONS (table 't1_sqlite');
Import foreign schema
IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA public FROM SERVER sqlite_server INTO public;
Access foreign table
SELECT * FROM t1;
- Support update to foreign table
- WHERE clauses are pushdowned
- Aggregate function are pushdowned
- Order By is pushdowned
- Joins (left/right/inner) are pushdowned
- Limit and Offset are pushdowned (*when all tables queried are fdw)
- Support TRUNCATE by deparsing into DELETE statement without WHERE clause
- Allow control over whether foreign servers keep connections open after transaction completion. This is controlled by
keep_connectionsand defaults to on
- Support list cached connections to foreign servers by using function sqlite_fdw_get_connections()
- Support discard cached connections to foreign servers by using function sqlite_fdw_disconnect(), sqlite_fdw_disconnect_all().
- Support Bulk Insert by using batch_size option
COPYcommand for foreign tables is not supported
- Insert into a partitioned table which has foreign partitions is not supported
- TRUNCATE in sqlite_fdw always delete data of both parent and child tables (no matter user inputs
TRUNCATE table CASCADEor
TRUNCATE table RESTRICT) if there are foreign-keys references with "ON DELETE CASCADE" clause.
Opening issues and pull requests on GitHub are welcome.
Copyright (c) 2017 - 2021, TOSHIBA Corporation
Copyright (c) 2011 - 2016, EnterpriseDB Corporation
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies.
LICENSE file for full details.