PostgreSQL Multiple Precision Arithmetic
!pgmp is a PostgreSQL extension to add the GMP data types and functions directly into the database.
The extension adds the types mpz (arbitrary size integers) and mpq (arbitrary precision rationals) to PostgreSQL and exposes to the database all the functions available in the GMP library for these data types, allowing:
- higher performance arithmetic on integers respect to the !numeric data type
- a rational data type for absolute precision storage and arithmetic
- using specialized functions to deal with prime numbers, random numbers, factorization directly into the database.
- Homepage: http://pgmp.projects.postgresql.org/
- Discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/postgresql-gmp
- Source repository: https://github.com/dvarrazzo/pgmp/
- Bug tracking: https://github.com/dvarrazzo/pgmp/issues
- PgFoundry project: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgmp/
Indices and tables