- Add pg_stat_kcache.track option, similar to pg_stat_statements (Julien Rouhaud and github user mikecaat)
- Add pg_stat_kcache.track_planning, similar to pg_stat_statements, to track usge during planning, and maintain 2 sets of counters, depending on whether it was during planning or execution. Requires PostgreSQL 13 or above (Julien Rouhaud, github user mikecaat)
- Add a new "top" column, and accumulate resource usage in different entries depending on whether queries are executed at top level or at nested statements. (github user mikecaat and Julien Rouhaud)
- Fix memory corruption introduced in v2.1.2 that can cause a PostgreSQL crash (Julien Rouhaud, thanks to github user tbe, Nikolay Samokhvalov and Andreas Seltenreich for reporting the issue and the extensive checking)
- Accumulate counters for parallel workers too (Julien Rouhaud, thanks to Atsushi Torikoshi for the report)
- Fix usage increase, used to keep the most frequent entries in memory (Julien Rouhaud)
- Allow PG_CONFIG value to be found on command-line (edechaux)
- Warn users about incorrect GUC (Julien Rouhaud)
- Add debian packaging (Julien Rouhaud)
NOTE: This version requires a change to the on-disk format. After installing the new version restarting PostgreSQL, any previously accumulated statistics will be reset.
- Add support for architecture that don't provide getrusage(2), such as windows. Only user time and system time will be available on such platforms (Julien Rouhaud).
- Expose more fields of getrusage(2). Depending on the platform, some of these fields are not maintained (Julien Rouhaud).
- Add a workaround for sampling problems with getrusage(), new parameter pg_stat_kcache.linux_hz is added. By default, this parameter is discovered at server startup (Ronan Dunklau).
- Add compatibility with PostgreSQL 11 (Thomas Reiss)
- Fix issue when concurrently created entries for the same user, db and queryid could lost some execution counters (Mael Rimbault)
- Do not install docs anymore (Ronan Dunklau)
- Add PG 9.6 compatibility
- Fix issues in shared memory estimation, which could prevent starting postgres or reduce the amount of possible locks (thanks to Jean-Sébastien BACQ for the report)
- Add hint of possible reasons pgss.max could not be retrieved, which could prevent starting postgres
- Fix another bug with 32 bits builds (thanks to Alain Delorme for reporting it)
- Fix a bug with 32 bits builds (thanks to Alain Delorme for reporting it)
- Handle stats per database, user, query
- Initial release