To see the list of features and bug-fixes planned for next releases, see our development roadmap.
- Improve write performance
- Improve read performance
- Add checksum logic
- Add new compression methods
- Enable INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE
- Enable users other than superuser to safely create columnar tables (permissions)
- Transactional semantics
- Add config setting to make pg_fsync() optional
- Copy command ignores NOT NULL constraints.
- Planning functions don't take into account average column width.
- Planning functions don't correctly take into account block skipping benefits.
- On 32-bit platforms, when file size is outside the 32-bit signed range, EXPLAIN command prints incorrect file size.
- If two different columnar tables are configured to point to the same file, writes to the underlying file aren't protected from each other.
- When a data load is in progress, concurrent reads on the table overestimate the page count.
- We have a minor memory leak in CStoreEndWrite. We need to also free the comparisonFunctionArray.
- block_filtering test fails on Ubuntu because the "da_DK" locale is not enabled by default.
- We don't yet incorporate the compression method's impact on disk I/O into cost estimates.
- CitusDB integration errors:
- Concurrent staging cstore_fdw tables doesn't work.
- Setting a default value for column with ALTER TABLE has limited support for existing rows.